REQUIRED APPLICATION DOCUMENTS
Please have the following documents ready to submit with your application:
- One (1) copy of Tax Registration Number (TRN) and the original for verification
- Certificates for examination results already obtained – 1 copy and the original for verification. (Applicants with overseas high school qualifications which are not listed among the requirements for entry must have their qualifications assessed by the University Council of Jamaica (UCJ). The UCJ assessment must be submitted along with their applications.)
- Two (2) recent passport size photographs
- One (1) letter of recommendation (in addition to Confidential Report; both should not be from the same person)
- One (1) copy of birth certificate and the original for verification
- One (1) copy of marriage certificate/deed poll (if applicable) and the original for verification
- One (1) copy of proof of Jamaican citizenship for applicants born overseas (eg. Jamaican passport, unconditional stamp in a valid passport etc.) and the original for verification
- One (1) copy of Immunization Card and the original for verification
- One (1) copy of term 1 report from High School attended (applicable only to high school applicants currently pending CSEC results
- One (1) copy of Food Handlers Permit (for persons applying to the Associate OR Bachelors of Science in Hospitality and Tourism Management, the Associate of Science in Culinary Arts, the Associate of Science in Health and Wellness Tourism and the Certificate in Culinary Arts) and the original for verification
- Completed Confidential Referee Report. See below for instructions on how to submit this form:
- Applicants who completed high school within the last two (2) years MUST have the form completed by their Principal, Vice-Principal or Guidance Counselor at the last school attended.
- All other applicants may have the form completed by their employer, a Pastor, or a Justice of the Peace.
You may EITHER submit the completed form to the College in a sealed envelope that is stamped by the person who completed the form OR you may ask the person completing the form to download a copy from our website, complete it and email it directly to email@example.com. Click here to download a copy of the form.
Your application will be considered complete once all required documents are received.
ALL DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED BECOME THE PROPERTY OF THE COLLEGE.
Arts, Natural & Social Sciences
The Arts, Natural & Social Sciences faculty collaborates with the Caribbean Examinations Council (CXC) in offering a number of Caribbean Advanced Proficiency Examination (CAPE) Associate Degrees.
Hospitality, Tourism & Creative Studies
This faculty offers a variety of programmes in Hospitality Training. The programmes prepare students for jobs in the Hospitality and related industries, Clothing and Fashion, Health as well as for advanced studies in the fields..
Business & General Studies
The faculty of Business & General Studies specializes in providing students with the requisite knowledge and skills required for managing a business in an ever changing world. Graduates are equipped with both the theoretical and practical knowledge which will enable them to become entrepreneurs and or move on to further studies.
Computer & Technical Studies
This faculty provides training for students in Information Technology, Architecture and Engineering. The Department aims to provide learning opportunities that will prepare graduates for further education and the workforce.
Workforce Development & Continuing Studies
The Workforce Development and Continuing Education Department is entrusted with the responsibility to recruit, manage and guide Western Jamaica’s adults. Short courses, Associate and Bachelor’s degree programs empower our students with industry-relevant human capital.