HOW TO APPLY ONLINE
You MUST have your Tax Registration Number (TRN) to complete the online application. This may be had by making an application to your local Tax Office.
It is recommended that you use a desktop or laptop computer to complete the online application. If you use a cell phone to apply, please change your screen display to “desktop view” or rotate your phone horizontally in order to see the full screen.
The online application process may take about ten (10) minutes.
Please carefully follow the steps outlined below to fully and accurately complete your online application. If you encounter any difficulties during the process, kindly send an email outlining the issue to email@example.com.
STEPS TO APPLYING ONLINE
- Go to our application website which is mymbcc.edu.jm
- To the top left hand of the screen, click on the word APPLY.
FIRST TIME APPLICANTS:
- If this is the first time that you are completing an online application with the Montego Bay Community College, click the words Create an Account located under the New Applicant heading to the top right of the screen.
- You are required to complete ALL steps outlined below from 3 to 11.
RETURNING APPLICANTS AND STUDENTS:
- If you are an existing student or if you have previously completed an online application with the College, click the word Login located under the Returning Applicants heading to the top left of the screen.
- Existing students may also log into their ISIMS account and click the round blue Apply Now icon located at the bottom right of the screen.
- Returning applicants and existing students should ONLY follow steps between 7 and 11 below.
- If you forgot your password, click the Forget Password link at the log in page, enter your TRN and email address, then click the RESET A message will pop up stating that the password reset instructions have been emailed to you. Click the OK button then go to your email and click the link beside the word URL. This will take you back to the reset password webpage and will auto-fill in the reset code for you. Fill in the Email Address, TRN, New Password and Confirm Password fields, then click the RESET PASSWORD button. You should get a successful reset message.
- Under the heading Start a New Application, enter your first and last name, TRN, gender, date of birth (D.O.B), enter and re-enter your email address. Please enter a valid email address to which you have access. Use the dropdown calendar to enter your date of birth. Press the CONTINUE
- An email containing a verification link, verification code, your username and a temporary password will be sent to the email address you entered. Check the email for the verification code. Copy and paste the code in field labelled Verification Code and click the VERIFY If the email verification process was successful, you will receive a pop-up message advising you that your email address is now verified and you are to login to complete your application. Click the OK button, then click the word LOGIN located under the word PROGRAMMES to the far left of the screen.
- Enter your email address and the temporary password. Your temporary password is provided in the same email you received with the verification code. After entering the information click the LOGIN
- The page that opens will display a number of fields at the top half. You are required to complete the following fields: Middle Name, Gender, Marital Status and Nationality. Religion, Denomination and Nick Name are not mandatory. DO NOT UPLOAD A PICTURE at the picture icon.
- The bottom half of the page will display all available programmes. Click the SELECT button to the right of the name of the programme to which you are applying. Example: Sc in Business Administration Full Time (Main Campus) – Sep 2021 CCCJ. (Visit https://www.mbcc.edu.jm/faculties/ for details about our programmes.)
N.B. All Pre-University programmes, the MBCC Academy, the Career Advancement Programme (CAP) programme, 1 year programmes and short courses are labelled as Certificate programmes (they are at the bottom of the list).
If the programme you are applying for has a specialization/major, the fields labelled First Choice, Second Choice and Third Choice will become activated to allow you to select a specialization. If not, the fields will remain locked.
- Click the NEXT button to move to and fill in step 2 (Contact Details), step 3 (Emergency Contact/Next of Kin), step 4 (Qualification and Education), step 5 (Work Experience/Not Employed), step 6 (Clubs and Societies/ Reference/ Other/Personal Statement) AND step 7. You can click the PREVIOUS button to go back to the previous step.
At step 4, if you are pending results, please select “(P)- Pending” at the Grade field.
At step 6, the personal statement section must be completed and should include a paragraph outlining who you are, why you want to attend the College and your aspiration for the future.
At step 7, you will upload your application documents in pdf or image (png, jpg, jpeg, gif) formats. The required application documents are:
- Certificates for examination results already obtained – 1 copy and the original for verification. (Applicants with overseas high school qualifications which are not listed among the requirements for entry must have their qualifications assessed by the University Council of Jamaica (UCJ). The UCJ assessment must be submitted along with their applications.)
- Letter of recommendation (separate and apart from the Confidential Referee Report; both should not be from the same person. Click here for details about the Confidential Referee form and how to submit it)
- Birth certificate
- Marriage certificate/deed poll (if applicable)
- Proof of Jamaican citizenship for applicants born overseas (eg. Jamaican passport, unconditional stamp in a valid passport etc.)
- Immunization Card
- Tax Registration Number (TRN
- Valid Food Handlers Permit (for applicants wishing to pursue the Associate OR Bachelors of Science in Hospitality and Tourism Management, the Associate of Science in Culinary Arts, the Associate of Science in Health and Wellness Tourism and the Certificate in Culinary Arts
It is important that you fill in the relevant information at each step. The information you provide here will help us to make a decision about offering you a place at the College.
- At step 8, it is important to double-check all information you have entered on the previous pages. Once all the information has been entered, click the SUBMIT APPLICATION
- A message stating that your application has been submitted successfully will appear if your application was successfully uploaded. You will need to check your email account for a confirmation email which will contain a pdf summary of your application, your application (ID) number and information about what to do next.
- Print the application summary and drop it off at the College ALONG with copies of all application documents AND THE ORIGINALS for verification. Two (2) recent passport sized photographs must also be submitted with your application documents. All documents submitted become the property of the College.
- Applicants who have submitted complete applications, should receive a response to their application no later than the 15th day of the next month.
- UWI Preliminary Science applicants must also complete the UWI application process. Please contact UWI for further information.
- UTech programme applicants must also complete a UTech online application. Be sure to select the “Franchise” programme on the UTech online application form. The UTech application summary must be submitted with the MBCC application summary and supporting documents.
- Students moving from one programme to another programme must complete a new online application. This includes students moving from MBCC Academy to a Pre-University or Associate Degree programme, students moving from an Associate Degree programme onto a Bachelor’s Degree programme etc.